Employee engagement models routinely incorporate leadership, autonomy, flexibility and empowerment. A sense of purpose, clear objectives, and a degree of motivational incentives also help. But without a sense of inclusion and belonging, engagement will continue to fall short. Belonging and inclusion work hand in hand to produce an engaged and high performing workforce.
The burning question is how might you engage your workforce differently to sustain that engagement over time to ensure inclusivity and belonging?
The missing ingredient in the engagement recipe might be everboarding. While the idea of everboarding isn’t new – it does give organisations a fresh recipe for welcoming and involving employees in the company’s purpose, values and strategy – helping leaders unlock their peoples’ potential and enable individuals and teams to align performance with strategic goals so that they might perform to their highest points of contribution.
Present and connected
Connectedness is a flywheel for performance
Some truth-seeking questions…
- How is my organisation helping our employees feel included and connected?
- What beliefs do our organisation hold that creates a sense of belonging?
- What role does our current onboarding play in helping to build diverse, inclusive high performing teams?
- How might everboarding help us get the most out of connection-building and trust-building conversations?
- In what ways can everboarding help us truly shape and retain our talent pool for the future?
Everboarding is not a one-size-fits-all silver bullet, however, when it is tailored to your organisation’s unique needs it can ensure a sense of inclusivity and help to build an enabling environment where people can fulfil their potential.
The gist is that when people feel they belong, they perform better. If you want them to belong, you need to immerse them into the culture over time – this means building an everboarding connection continuum that works for your organisation.
The LRMG group of companies specialises in igniting the high performance of people. We have a 25-year track record in partnering with high-consequence industries.