What was Impactful Specialist Solutions hired to do?
- To help Sanlam achieve its strategic goal of empowering youth with special needs
- To manage the Learnership recruitment process, training and placement of delegates upon completion
- To be a Skills Development partner in Sanlam’s transformation journey and assist them in achieving a diversified staff complement
Client’s Challenges & progress to be made
Improving diversity in order to have a more represented workforce and recognising the necessity of giving chances to people with special needs in their fight against unemployment. Sanlam’s goal has always been to give people hope so they can live their lives with confidence and to assist them in becoming economically productive citizens. The lack of suitably qualified candidates has always been a challenge.
Impactful Specialist Solutions’ approach
Learnerships are a crucial tool for assisting these individuals in their transformational journeys and achieving a diverse workforce. Sanlam partnered with Impactful Specialist Solutions (ISS) in 2017 to assist them with facilitating Learnership programmes on their behalf.
Typically, the process begins with the end in mind, finding actual openings in businesses where people may be hired full-time. Candidates are selected according to job description, specific competencies, skills and knowledge – in collaboration with a recruiting specialist for people with special needs.
Numeracy and literacy assessments are done before candidates are shortlisted for interviews. Following that, these individuals are trained in the financial services field. They receive a recognised qualification as well as important professional experience when they complete the program.
Value delivered to date
- 227 impaired learners trained since 2017
- 40% of these learners were placed in Sanlam, the remainder in other institutions
How is your journey as a student going?
What positive impact does this learnership program have on your life personally?
1. Why did you choose Impactful Specialist Solutions?
2. What do you think made our offering stand out from other options?
3. Having worked with Impactful Specialist Solutions in the past, is there anything that exceeded your expectations this time around?